1. Definitions and Interpretation
In this Policy the following terms shall have the following meanings:
|“account”||means an account required to access and/or use certain areas and features of the site;|
|“Cookie”||means a small text file placed on your computer or device by the site when you visit certain parts of the site and/or when you use certain features of the site. Details of the Cookies used by the site are set out in Part 14, below; and|
|“Cookie Law”||means the relevant parts of the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003;|
2. Information About Yew Lodge Country House
The site is owned and operated by Yew Lodge Country House, a partnership. Main Address: Felcourt Road, East Grinstead, West Sussex, RH19 2JX.
VAT number: 890 335319
3. What Does This Policy Cover?
4. What is Personal Data?
Personal data is, in simpler terms, any information about you that enables you to be identified. Personal data covers obvious information such as your name and contact details, but it also covers less obvious information such as identification numbers, electronic location data, and other online identifiers.
5. What Are My Rights
Under the GDPR, you have the following rights, which we will always work to uphold:
- The right to access the personal data we hold about you. Part 13 will tell you
- The right to have your personal data rectified if any of your personal data held by YewLodge Country House is inaccurate or incomplete. Please contact Yew Lodge Country House using the details in Part 15 to find out
- The right to be forgotten, i.e. the right to ask Yew Lodge Country House to delete or otherwise dispose of any of your personal data that we have. Please contact Yew Lodge Country House using the details in Part 15 to find out
- The right to restrict (i.e. prevent) the processing of your personal
- The right to object to Yew Lodge Country House using your personal data for a particular purpose or
- The right to data portability. This means that, if you have provided personal data to Yew Lodge Country House directly, we are using it with your consent or for the performance of a contract, and that data is processed using automated means, you can ask Yew Lodge Country House for a copy of that personal data to re-use with another service or business in many
- Rights relating to automated decision-making and profiling. We do not use your personal data in this
For more information about the use of your personal data or exercising your rights as outlined above, please contact Yew Lodge Country House using the details provided in Part 15.
Further information about your rights can also be obtained from the Information Commissioner’s Office or your local Citizens Advice Bureau.
If you have any cause for complaint about the use of your personal data, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office.
6. Collection of Personal Information and Permission to Contact
By providing the requested information and clicking “Submit”, you provide your signature expressly consenting to contact from Venue Name or its subsidiaries, affiliates, or agents at the number you provided regarding products or services via live, automated or pre-recorded telephone call, text message, instant message, or email (even if your telephone is currently listed on any Do Not Call List). You understand that your telephone company may impose charges on you for these contacts, and that you are not required to enter into this agreement as a condition of purchasing property, goods, or services. You also understand that you can revoke this consent at any time.
7. What Data Do We Collect?
- Date of birth
- Email address
- Telephone number
- Business name
- Job title
- Payment information
- IP address
- Web browser type and version
- Operating system
- A list of URLs starting with a referring site, your activity on the site, and the site you exit to
8. How Do You Use My Personal Data?
Under the GDPR, we must always have a lawful basis for using personal data. This may be because the data is necessary for the performance of a contract with you, because you have consented to the use of your personal data, or because it is in the legitimate business interests to use it. Your personal data may be used for one or more of the following purposes:
- Providing and managing your Account
- Providing and managing your access to the site
- Personalising and tailoring your experience on the site
- Supplying our services to Your personal details are required in order for Yew Lodge Country House to enter into a contract with you.
- Personalising and tailoring the services for you
- Communicating with you. This may include responding to emails or calls from
- Supplying you with information by email and/or post that you have opted in to. You may unsubscribe or opt-out at any time by using the following opt-out methods:
- Using the “unsubscribe” option in the footer of every email we send
- Writing to us at the address given in Page
- Analysing your use of the site and gathering feedback to enable Yew Lodge Country House to continually improve the site and your user experience
With your permission and/or where permitted by law, we may also use your personal data for marketing purposes, which may include contacting you by email and/or telephone and/or text message and/or post with information, news, and offers on our services. You will not be sent any unlawful marketing or spam. we will always work to fully protect your rights and comply with the obligations under the GDPR and the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003, and you will always have the opportunity to opt-out.
Third Parties whose content appears on the site may use third-party Cookies, as detailed below in Part 14. Please refer to Part 14 for more information on controlling cookies. Please note that we do not control the activities of such third parties, nor the data that they collect and use themselves, and we advise you to check the privacy policies of any such third parties.
9. How Long Will You Keep My Personal Data?
We will not keep your personal data for any longer than is necessary in light of the reason(s) for which it was first collected. Your personal data will therefore be kept as follows:
- Until the services we are contracted to provide have been fulfilled
- Until you notify us by email, post or telephone call that you no longer wish to receive communications from us.
10. How and Where Do You Store or Transfer My Personal Data?
We will only store or transfer your personal data in the UK. This means that it will befully protected under the GDPR.
In some limited circumstances, we may be legally required to share certain personal data, which might include yours, if we are involved in legal proceedings or complying with legal obligations, a court order, or the instructions of a government authority.
11. How Can I Control My Personal Data?
In addition to your rights under the GDPR, set out in Part 5, when you submit personal data via the site, you may be given options to restrict the use of your personal data. In particular, we aim to give you strong controls on the use of your data for direct marketing purposes (including the ability to opt-out of receiving emails from Yew Lodge Country House which you may do by unsubscribing using the links provided in the emails.
You may also wish to sign up to one or more of the preference services operating in the UK: The Telephone Preference Service (“the TPS”), the Corporate Telephone Preference Service (“the CTPS”), and the Mailing Preference Service (“the MPS”). These may help to prevent you receiving unsolicited marketing. Please note, however, that these services will not prevent you from receiving marketing communications that you have consented to receiving.
12. Can I Withhold Information?
You may access certain areas of the site without providing any personal data at all. However, to use all features and functions available on the site you may be required to submit or allow for the collection of certain data.
13. How Can I Access My Personal Data?
If you want to know what personal data we have about you, you can ask Yew Lodge Country House for details of that personal data and for a copy of it (where any such personal data is held). This is known asa “subject access request”.
All subject access requests should be made in writing and sent to the email or postal addresses shown in Part 15. [To make this as easy as possible for you, a Subject Access Request Form is available for you to use. You do not have to use this form, but it is the easiest way to tell Yew Lodge Country House everything we need to know to respond to your request as quickly as possible.]
There is not normally any charge for a subject access request. If your request is ‘manifestly unfounded or excessive’ (for example, if you make repetitive requests) a fee may be charged to cover the administrative costs in responding.
We will respond to your subject access request within two weeks and, in any case, not more than one month of receiving it. Normally, we aim to provide a complete response, including a copy of your personal data within that time. In some cases, however, particularly if your request is more complex, more time may be required up to a maximum of three months from the date we receive your request. You will be kept fully informed of the progress.
By using the site, you may also receive certain third-party Cookies on your computer or device. Third-party Cookies are those placed by websites, services, and/or parties other than Yew Lodge Country House. Third-party Cookies may be used on the site. For more details, please refer to the table below. These Cookies are not integral to the functioning of the site and your use and experience of the site will not be impaired by refusing consent to them.
All Cookies used by and on the site are used in accordance with current Cookie Law.
Before Cookies are placed on your computer or device, you will be shown a pop-up prompt requesting your consent to set those Cookies. By giving your consent to the placing of Cookies you are enabling Yew Lodge Country House to provide the best possible experience and service to you. You may, if you wish, deny consent to the placing of Cookies; however certain features of the site may not function fully or as intended. You will be given the opportunity to allow only first-party Cookies and block third-party Cookies.
Certain features of the site depend on Cookies to function. Cookie Law deems these Cookies to be “strictly necessary”. These Cookies are shown in the table below. Your consent will not be sought to place these Cookies, but it is still important that you are aware of them. You may still block these Cookies by changing your internet browser’s settings as detailed below, but please be aware that the site may not work properly if you do so. we have taken great care to ensure that your privacy is not at risk by allowing them.
The site uses analytics services provided by Google. Website analytics refers to a set of tools used to collect and analyse anonymous usage information, enabling Yew Lodge Country House to better understand how the site is used. This, in turn, enables Yew Lodge Country House to improve the site and the services offered through it.
The analytics service(s) used by the site use(s) Cookies to gather the required information. You do not have to allow Yew Lodge Country House to use these Cookies, however whilst the use of them does not pose any risk to your privacy or your safe use of the site, it does enable Yew Lodge Country House to continually improve the site, making it a better and more useful experience for you.
In addition to the controls that we provide, you can choose to enable or disable Cookies in your internet browser. Most internet browsers also enable you to choose whether you wish to disable all Cookies or only third-party Cookies. By default, most internet browsers accept Cookies, but this can be changed. For further details, please consult the help menu in your internet browser or the documentation that came with your device.
You can choose to delete Cookies on your computer or device at any time, however you may lose any information that enables you to access Our Site more quickly and efficiently including, but not limited to, login and personalisation settings.
It is recommended that you keep your internet browser and operating system up
to • date and that you consult the help and guidance provided by the developer of your internet browser and manufacturer of your computer or device if you are unsure about adjusting your privacy settings.
15. How Do I Contact You?
To contact Yew Lodge Country House about anything to do with your personal data and data protection, including to make a subject access request, please use the following details (for the attention of Pauline Wells):
Email address: email@example.com
Telephone number: +441342 870003
Postal Address: Felcourt Road, East Grinstead, RH19 2JX
We may change this Privacy Notice from time to time. This may be necessary, for example, if the law changes, or if we change the business in a way that affects personal data protection.